Tibet Will Be Free (the SFT Blog!)

WELCOME TO THE STUDENTS FOR A FREE TIBET BLOG--------> This is the weblog of the SFT Headquarters. Here you can peek into the minds (not to mention actions, events, trainings, brainstorms, parties...) of the SFT staff, board members, volunteers, friends and fellow activists. Tibet will be free.

We've Moved:

Tibet Will Be Free has moved off of this site because Blogger is owned by Google. Visit the new TIBET WILL BE FREE at blog.studentsforafreetibet.org

Thursday, April 14, 2005

ART4TIBET


Good to be on my favorite block in San Francisco at the JUICE Studio/Gallery (above Kilowatt on 16th St., in the Mission, if ya know). SFT's good friends Juice, and specifically Brett "Freya's Hero" Critchlow, have organized ART4TIBET, a benefit artshow for SFT. They've solicited incredible artwork from about 40 artists, and there will be a show/silent auction/party on Saturday night. It's shapin' up to be sweet, and we're just gettin' it all together.

Local artist Diego Mannini custom-created this amazing painting for the show called "Mindfulness of the Dharma" complete with Tibetan script.
Next thing I gotta do is mount the piece I'm putting in the show. It's a collection of photos of discarded shoes I discovered on the shores of Yamdrok Tso, a beautiful (and sacred) lake near Lhasa, Tibet.

Then I'm gonna go see Kayana and hopefully grab another good friend of SFT's David "Makes Our Website Run" Taylor for a Poppy Jasper at Zeitgeist later. Oh, and SF [hearts] SFT. -Han

2 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can you believe it han loved that piece so much he spent 110 bucks on it!!! And I loved han's so much I spent $!! on his. I was in a bidding war with Chris from tibet justice center. a good time was had by al and now we all have more cool art for our walls.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can you believe it han loved that piece so much he spent 110 bucks on it!!! And I loved han's so much I spent $!! on his. I was in a bidding war with Chris from tibet justice center. a good time was had by all and now we all have more cool art for our walls.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home