Tibet Will Be Free (the SFT Blog!)

WELCOME TO THE STUDENTS FOR A FREE TIBET BLOG--------> This is the weblog of the SFT Headquarters. Here you can peek into the minds (not to mention actions, events, trainings, brainstorms, parties...) of the SFT staff, board members, volunteers, friends and fellow activists. Tibet will be free.

We've Moved:

Tibet Will Be Free has moved off of this site because Blogger is owned by Google. Visit the new TIBET WILL BE FREE at blog.studentsforafreetibet.org

Monday, June 27, 2005

so sad it's all over...

...for now. I felt like crying (not so surprising for me, I know) as we watched the 2pm shuttle take off for the airport and train station. The van was packed full of some of the most wonderful people in this world heading back to their respective homes in Germany, Sweden, Norway, France, England and Scotland and for a second, I wished we could just keep them all here with us forever. But, we've got work to do and that's what it's all about. This past week was so inspiring, exhausting, maddening, crazy, humbling and completely energizing all at the same time. Participants, trainers, staff and volunteers alike plugged away each and every day to strengthen the effectiveness of our action for a free and independent Tibet. We partied like rockstars last night to celebrate eachother, our hard work and our future success. Watch out Mr. Hu Jintao, we're Lhasa bound!

-Lhadon
from a beautiful place called Pauenhof, Germany

6 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Sandrine said…

    Yeah, it was so sad to part from all of you guys ! We didn't have time to say goodby, cause we had to go very early in the morning. But our heart was with you, and we didn't leave without thinking about you...
    Specials thanks to Lhadon, and all the staff ; may you be happy for a thousand years to have permitted me to come to camp !
    Actions will spread out all over France, thanks to you ! TIBET WILL BE FREE !!!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jonas Nyman said…

    Miss U guys!

    Now I'm lonely again...
    Lonely in this cold and boring country.

    Remember what I said when I read your palms.
    Beda, you know what to do...
    Freya, you too.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous David Demes said…

    Thank you all so much for the wonderful time.

    Thank you Lhadon for the inspiration, love and... everything !
    Thank you Elvis Tendor for your... you know... trying to get some english word out of me, which wasn't easy.
    Thank you Freya for all the work you did and the calm(!) "Wake-Up's".
    Thank you Han and Matt for the great workshops and the skills you taught us.
    Thank you Omi, Kathy and David for the nice and of course thrilling climbing workshops !!
    Thanks to all the volunteers who were so amazing in what they did.
    Thanks to all the participants who were some of the greatest and most inspiring people I ever met. You rock !

    Thanks to everyone... It is not possible to express what I feel for you and how much I thank and miss you.

    The last four days I felt like crying all the time but today I took the initiative and said to myself, "David, enough sorrow ! Do something !". And that is what I did. I went to our headmaster and got the permission to work in our school for a Free Tibet. He promised me a room for to days of the week. That is absolutly awesome.

    Maybe in a few months you'll hear from me as SFT Limburg in Germany...

    The best wishes and
    May all beings be well,

    David

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous dechen tsewang said…

    The moment I read, "so sad its all over.." I knew that it had to be Lhadon's post. Such an awesome time you all had and can't wait to hear all about it from Kathy--who by the way, looked quite hot in those leapard pants.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Iain said…

    Thanks guys, that's all I wanna say :)

    Oh yeah, and woo SFT!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Alexis said…

    This Camp was an incredible experience, so strong, so exciting !
    Now we have to work a lot...
    Thanks to the organisers and volunteers.
    Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

    See you soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home